Ontario NDP Job Posting
Job: Constituency Assistant
Status: Permanent Part-Time (26 hrs/week)
Department/ Location: MPP Jessica Bell (University - Rosedale)
Due by: Open until position is filled
Objectives: To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to Member for:
• Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
• Work with the Chinese-Canadian community in University-Rosedale.
• Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
• Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging standup interviews.
• Work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
• Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
• Dealing with inquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (casework).
• Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing and in person.
• Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government.
• Preparing all documentation related to casework.
• Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Member.
• Knowledge of the NDP, social movements, the Ontario government and public affairs.
• Strong ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
• Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
• Excellent computer skills required including database management, Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.
• Familiarity with member’s constituency and portfolio areas and key stakeholder groups in the riding is essential.
• Proficiency in English is essential.
• Proficiency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is required.
• Experience in NDP organizations and community organizing is an asset.
• Knowledge and existing rapport with local riding and community members is preferred.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply using this link - https://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=53.
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.