Ontario NDP Job Posting
Job: Constituency Assistant
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Department/ Location: MPP Jessica Bell (University - Rosedale)
Due by: July 31, 2020
Objectives: To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to Member for:
• Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested
• by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
• Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
• Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging standup interviews.
• Work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
• Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
• Dealing with inquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (casework).
• Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing and in person.
• Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government.
• Preparing all documentation related to casework.
• Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Member.
• Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs.
• Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
• Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
• Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.
• Familiarity with member’s constituency and portfolio areas and key stakeholder groups in the riding is essential.
• Proficiency in English is essential.
• Experience in NDP organizations and community organizing is an asset.
• Knowledge and existing rapport with local riding and community members is preferred.
• Proficiency in social media is desired.
• Second language skills preferred The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Forward a Cover Letter and Resume to the NDP Caucus Human Resources Office, email@example.com. Please include "Constituency Assistant (University-Rosedale)” in the subject line. Welcoming applications until the position is filled.
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.