Ontario’s 2021 budget confirms Doug Ford’s government is cutting $1.6 billion from education. There will also be no replenishment of school board reserves, which were exhausted last year and no commitment to extend COVID-19 funding for smaller class sizes and hiring more staff. There is also news the Ford government is looking to make full-time online learning permanent.
There is so much that needs to be done to control the spread of COVID-19 and make our schools safe this year and next.
Please fill out the form below to send a message to Premier Doug Ford, Education Minister Stephen Lecce and your local MPP to demand they act now and support safe communities and safe schools!
- Vaccinate all teachers and education workers ASAP
- Lower class sizes
- Rapidly expand school testing
- Introduce more safety measures, like better ventilation
- Bring in paid sick days for all workers in Ontario
- Restore education funding