Our office is hiring a temporary full-time staff person to manage our case work files and support our outreach work. If you are interested in the position please apply as soon as you can. The position is open until filled. I have included information about the job below, including hours and pay.
Casework and outreach staff person for the office of MPP Jessica Bell, member for University Rosedale
Time-frame: Full time until March 31, 2023, possibility for extension.
Objectives: To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to Member for:
- Preparing, gathering, maintaining, and compiling research material as requested
- by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
- Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews.
- Work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (casework).
- Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing and in person.
- Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government.
- Preparing all documentation related to casework.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Member.
- The successful candidate must have extensive experience working with members of the public exhibiting varying heightened emotions.
- Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs
- Demonstrated knowledge and understand of Equity and Diversity frameworks and considerations and it applies to the duties of the position
- Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
- Ability to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.
- Familiarity with member’s constituency and portfolio areas and key stakeholder groups in the riding is essential.
- Proficiency in English is essential.
- Experience in NDP organizations and community organizing is an asset.
- Knowledge and existing rapport with local riding and community members is preferred.
- Proficiency in social media
- Second language skills preferred in Portuguese, Italian, Cantonese and Mandarin.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Pay is approximately $64,000 a year pro-rated. Hours are 32.5 hours a week.
Please apply on this link: https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/261 Job posting will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.